1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: contact us and we will open the gallery in off hours!
The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
November 1–25, 2018
screenprints, lithographs, and monoprints by
Celebrating the American quilt, contemplating a still life, dancing with mono-typical high energy – and a trove of exploration.
The Reception was Sunday, November 11, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
This collection of Carolyn Pomponio’s prints includes serigraphs, monotypes, and photos that span the arc of her work from the year the Washington Printmakers Gallery was founded in 1985 to the present. Crisp line and bright color are the mainstays of these works, spelling out the bold relationships as they touch and intertwine. Click here to learn more about Carolyn Pomponio’s exhibit.
On The Member’s Wall, November & December, 2018
Every month, the work on our Members’ Wall changes. Here are some of the images on exhibit in November and December, 2018, on our Members’ Wall. Click on any thumbnail image to see it larger in a slide show. To return here, click on the “x” in the upper right of the slide show, or press the ESC key of your keyboard. To purchase a work, please contact us.
Georgetown Small Business Saturday, November 24
Click here to learn more about the many Georgetown shops participating. The Washington Printmakers Gallery will be open 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Solo Exhibit by Clara Young Choi: The Sublime and the Beautiful, November 29 thru December 30, 2018.
Reception: Saturday, December 8, 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
In the tradition of great landscape artists and photographers, Clara Young Choi seeks to capture the sublime — that sense of awe and wonder we feel in extraordinary places. “When I face nature, I always feel humble and small,” she says, “There is nothing but a Creator and a Creature. Coming back from a photo trip, I am always grateful for the rest of my life and gain the energy to live again.” Click here to learn more about Clara Young Choi’s solo exhibit, The Sublime and The Beautiful.
Georgetown Galleries Second Saturdays
December 8 and January 12, 4-6pm
Visit all six of the Georgetown Galleries on the Second Saturday of every month, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., for a special evening of art and refreshments. LEARN MORE about the Georgetown Galleries.
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- SPECIAL EVENT: Friday, December 7, Georgetown Galleries Winter Art Walk. Our gallery is one of several open till 7:00 p.m., all within easy walking distance of each other!
- SPECIAL EVENT: Saturday, December 8, Book Hill Winter Wonderland. Our gallery is just a block down the street from Book Hill Park. Click here for Winter Wonderland details.
- January, 2019 — Cole Swavely
- February, 2019 – Bob Burgess
- March, 2019 — Cynthia Back
- April, 2019 — Julie Niskanen and Nina Muys
- May, 2019 — Rosemary Cooley
- June, 2019 — Helga Thomson and Norman Strike
- July, 2019 — Solo exhibit by Marco Hernandez, the first-place winner of the 2018 National Small Works competition
- August, 2019 — Juror’s selection from the 2019 National Small Works competition
- September, 2019 — Amy Guadagnoli
- October, 2019 — Ron Meick
- November, 2019 — Matina Marki Tillman
- December, 2019 — Sally Canzoneri
- April, 2020 — Danny Schweers
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.