Exhibit your work at WPG! Apply for membership and join our cooperative art gallery.
Washington Printmakers Gallery is a dynamic cooperative of accomplished artists that has provided original prints to residents of the DC metro area and its visitors since 1985. WPG members enjoy gallery representation yet maintain the freedom to set prices and select work to display. Our artists often exhibit prints at other national and international venues. As well, members are afforded the opportunity to learn new techniques from their peers by joining this inspiring printmaking community. The Gallery provides a street-side retail location in the Washington DC ‘arts area’ with another half dozen galleries nearby. As such, WPG attracts national and international arts audiences, news media, print collectors, and other purchasers.
Printmaking at WPG is a ‘big tent’ idea. Printmakers who are experimenting at the edges of traditional printmaking are encouraged to consider applying for membership. Photographic printers, 3-D printmakers, printmakers experimenting with interactions of printmaking methods with sculpture, painting, and drawing are also welcome to apply. Printmaking has always been – and remains — the core mission at WPG, but printmakers working creatively at the edge of that mission are quite welcome to apply.
Monthly membership fees and members’ tasks make possible this professional, contemporary exhibition space in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., just south of the Book Hill Park. We are dedicated to the art of printmaking and beyond.
Full and Shared Memberships
There is only one level of membership: a Regular Membership. However, a Regular Membership can be shared between two people. Dues for a Regular Membership are $150/month.
Two individuals can share a Regular Membership after both are juried into the gallery. The two individuals sharing a membership may divide the fees, benefits, and duties of a regular membership as they see fit. Dues for Shared Memberships are payable with a single check of $150.
To apply for membership, click here to contact us. When your membership application is approved by a vote of the existing membership, you will be exhibiting your work on the gallery walls, in the bins and flat files, on the electronic display, and on this website.
Since this is a cooperative art gallery, members perform all the gallery tasks and sitting assignments required to keep the gallery going. Click here to learn more about member tasks and sitting assignments.
It is possible to cover membership dues by sitting extra hours at the gallery. It is also possible to avoid sitting by taking on more than one of the regular tasks required of members.
- Your work on view in the gallery every month on the walls (1 large or 2 small images), plus work in the bins and flat file, and work displayed on the gallery’s 40-inch electronic screen.
- Solo exhibition every 2-3 years. Click here to see Solo Show Guidelines.
- An Artist’s Page on this website. Click here for Artist Page Guidelines.
- Full voting privileges in all gallery affairs.
- Opportunities to have hands-on experience in the ongoing workings of the gallery.
- Gallery-supported advertising and monthly press releases.
- Opportunities to attend WPG-sponsored special events, outings, lectures, and other affairs.
- Get news of exhibitions of interest and juried exhibition opportunities.
- Artists receive 60% on sale of their artwork. Artists set the price of their work.
- In addition, as a WPG member, you will engage with the programs of the Washington Print Foundation, which promotes fine-art printmaking by fostering the creation and appreciation of artist-made prints through education, exhibition, and community outreach programs.
Questions? Want to join? Please contact us with your questions or to submit a membership application.