Exhibit your work at WPG! Apply for membership and join our cooperative art gallery.
- Gallery representation in Washington DC
- One, two, and sometimes three works in monthly shows on the Members’ Wall depending on size. (Full members usually may submit three small prints, two medium prints, or one large print with the possibility of hanging additional work if there’s room. A small work is 250 square inches framed or less. A medium work is 320 square inches framed or less.)
- 18 matted works in bins
- 18 works in flat files
- Portfolio and electronic display in gallery
- Click here to see photos of the Members’ Wall, bins, flat file, and electronic display.
- Artist page on this website with images, statement, bio.
- 60% proceeds to artist on works sold.
- Solo show (approx. every two years, often sooner).
- Gallery-supported advertising and press releases.
- Opportunity for review by Washington critics.
- Opportunity to add local collectors to mailing list.
- Opportunity for solo events, demos, or classes.
- Full voting on governance and direction.
- Opportunities for hands-on experience in the ongoing workings of the gallery.
Washington Printmakers Gallery is a dynamic cooperative of accomplished artists that has provided original prints to residents of the DC metro area and its visitors since 1985. WPG members enjoy gallery representation yet maintain the freedom to set prices and select work to display. Our artists often exhibit prints at other national and international venues. As well, members are afforded the opportunity to learn new techniques from their peers by joining this inspiring printmaking community. The Gallery provides a street-side retail location in the Washington DC ‘arts area’ with another half dozen galleries nearby. As such, WPG attracts national and international arts audiences, news media, print collectors, and other purchasers.
Printmaking at WPG is a ‘big tent’ idea. Printmakers who are experimenting at the edges of traditional printmaking are encouraged to consider applying for membership. Photographic printers, 3-D printmakers, art book makers, printmakers experimenting with interactions of printmaking methods with sculpture, painting, and drawing are also welcome to apply. Printmaking has always been – and remains — the core mission at WPG, but printmakers working creatively at the edge of that mission are quite welcome to apply.
Monthly membership fees and members’ tasks make possible this professional, contemporary exhibition space in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., just south of the Book Hill Park. We are dedicated to the art of printmaking and beyond.
Full and Half Memberships
There is only one level of membership: a Regular Membership. However, a Regular Membership can be shared between two people. Dues for a Regular Membership are $150/month.
Two individuals can share a Regular Membership after each is juried into the gallery. The individuals sharing a membership may divide the fees, benefits, and duties of a regular membership as they see fit.
To apply for membership, click here to contact us. When your membership application is approved by a vote of the existing membership, you will be exhibiting your work on the gallery walls, in the bins and flat files, on the electronic display, and on this website.
Since this is a cooperative art gallery, members perform all the gallery tasks and sitting assignments required to keep the gallery going.
Questions? Want to join? Please contact us with your questions or to submit a membership application.