WPG juries membership applications from dedicated printmakers who are interested in joining its vibrant community of working artists.
Washington Printmakers Gallery is a dynamic cooperative of accomplished artists that has provided original prints to residents of the DC metro area and its visitors since 1985. WPG members enjoy gallery representation yet maintain the freedom to set prices and select work to display. Quite often, our artists exhibit prints at other national and international venues. As well, members are afforded the opportunity to learn new techniques from their peers by joining this inspiring printmaking community.
Your membership not only supports a professional, contemporary exhibition space dedicated to the art of printmaking, but also provides you with some appealing membership privileges. These privileges include:
- Your work on view in the gallery at all times
- Representation by a professional gallery director
- Full voting privileges in all gallery affairs
- Opportunities to have hands on experience in the ongoing workings of the gallery
- Subscription to our informative gallery newsletter
- Gallery-supported advertising and monthly press releases
- Access to the WPG’s very professional, always current website which includes sales opportunities
- Opportunities to attend WPG sponsored special events outings, lectures and other affairs
- Shared information regarding exhibitions of interest and upcoming juried exhibition opportunities
- Artists receive 60% on sale of their artwork (note: artists set the price of their work)
In addition, as a WPG member, you will engage with the programs of the Washington Print Foundation, which promotes fine-art printmaking by fostering the creation and appreciation of artist-made prints through education, exhibition, and community outreach programs.
Click here for a comprehensive overview (PDF) of our membership categories. In short, there are four membership categories available based on privileges and responsibilities within the collective. These four are:
Portfolio Membership (new)
Annual fees: $200/year –> Printmakers interested in applying for Portfolio Membership should email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Portfolio Membership application” in the subject line. Attach six prints and include in the body of the email full information about every medium used, size, date, paper, and edition size. Also, send a resume and an artist’s statement. Jurying is held monthly. The details are the following:
- lives outside the Washington/Baltimore/Richmond metropolitan area
- is juried in by digital portfolio: 6 prints, a resume, and an artist’s statement submitted online
- is represented in the gallery by a double-page spread (two facing pages) in one of the Portfolio Membership Binders (Binders are 24″ high and 18″ wide, with the double-page spread measuring 24″ high by 36″ wide. Portfolio Members assemble these pages with text and prints to fit these dimensions an may change this once a year either in March or in October. They also replace prints that are sold from the Portfolio).
- has a presence on the gallery website with three prints
- may upgrade to a regular membership without jurying
> Chooses between: No active responsibilities (Monthly Dues: $215/month); or, no gallery sitting (Monthly Dues: $190/month).
Monthly Dues: $165/month
> Full committee work and gallery sitting.
Monthly Dues: $140/month
> Lives outside the DC metro area.
Monthly Dues: $75/month
> Two-year membership offered to emerging printmakers.
Please contact our Gallery Director with any questions or to submit your membership application.