1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: contact us and we will open the gallery during off hours!
Washington Printmakers Art Gallery is in Georgetown near Book Hill
Nearby are five other Washington, D.C. art galleries: Addison/Ripley, Susan Calloway, Cross MacKenzie, Artist’s Proof, and Klagsbrun Studios. Two doors down, Patisserie Poupon serves wonderful French pasties and coffee. Many restaurants and shops are close as well. Visit us and our neighborhood!
Mi Viaje y las Batallas (My Journey and the Battles) solo exhibit by Marco Hernandez, grand prize winner of the 2018 National Small Works Competition.
July 5-28, 2019
Opening Reception Saturday, July 6, 3-5pm
Born in Mexico, Hernandez came to the United States as a child. Introduced to a new culture and language, while growing up in a traditional Mexican family, he faced the challenge of understanding his roots and culture in a new land. The images in this exhibition reflect his personal history, but they have a wider resonance because every immigrant’s story is one of a journey and battles. READ MORE about Marco Hernandez’s exhibit.
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
In addition to the exhibits and events listed below, new art works from our members are shown continuously in the gallery on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- Solo exhibit by Marco Hernandez, the first-place winner of the 2018 National Small Works competition
- July 13, Saturday, 2-4pm, “Introduction to Adobe Photoshop for Artists” demonstration for adults, with Danny Schweers. Free! Click here to learn more.
- Exhibition of juror’s selections from the 2019 National Small Works competition
- August 10, Saturday, 2-3pm, “All About Juried Shows” workshop for adults, with Sally Canzoneri.
- September, 2019 — solo exhibit by Amy Guadagnoli
- October, 2019 — solo exhibit by Ron Meick
- November, 2019 —solo exhibit by Matina Marki Tillman
- December, 2019 — solo exhibit by Sally Canzoneri
- December 14, Saturday, 2–4pm, “Book Arts” workshop with Sally Canzoneri. Free!
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wednesday of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.