at the Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, DC. featuring hand-pulled prints, fine-art photographs, and artist books.
The exhibitors and exhibitions listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. Art works from all our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. Each member of our cooperative gallery also has their own page on this website.
Yolanda Frederikse: See Change
Solo Exhibit, September 30 – October 25, 2015
Opening Reception: Sunday, Oct. 4, 3:00-5:00 pm
“I see a lot of changes in and around Georgetown and they excite me” – Yolanda Frederikse
Join WPG as Yolanda Frederikse shows us the interesting and sometimes subtle changes in the Georgetown and DC landscape. Yolanda for the last 50 years has been drawing, painting and making prints of this wonderful area and catching the small changes that we sometimes miss in our day-to-day travels. The artist uses drypoint as her medium and hand colors each print with wonderfully vibrant colors. It is not lost on the artist that she uses a long-established process — drypoint — as used by Durer and Rembrandt, to chronicle the changes taking place in 21st century Georgetown.
Visit the Artist Page of Yolanda Frederikse to learn more about this talented artist and see samples of her work.
Other Upcoming Exhibits
SOLO AND JOINT MEMBER SHOWS
Want to exhibit? Become a member!
- November, 2015 — Pauline Jakobsberg
- December, 2015 — Matina Marki Tillman
- January, 2016 — WPG Invitational Exhibit: Elizabeth Peak. Each year the Washington Printmakers Gallery offers a solo show to an artist the members respect.
- February, 2016 — Excellence in Printmaking
- April, 2016 — Alex Keto
- May, 2016 — Lila Oliver Asher
- June, 2016 — Rosemary Cooley and Cynthia Back
- July, 2016 — Larinda Meade, winner of the 2015 National Small Works competition.
- August, 2016 — 19th Annual Washington Printmakers’ National Small Works Exhibition. Selected entries from the competition will be exhibited.
- September, 2016 — Jane Mann
- October, 2016 — Mike Hagan
- November, 2016 — Gabriel Jules, Margaret Adams Parker, and Ellen Verdon Winkler
- December, 2016 — Danny Schweers
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
A Promising Year
We at the Washington Print Foundation can already see that 2015 is an exciting one for lovers of art. Help us make this continue. Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.