The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C. features hand-pulled prints, fine-art photographs, and artist books.
NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES: This juried competition and exhibition in August, 2016 features selected prints by artists from across the nation. The works will be displayed at Washington Printmakers Gallery, located in the Book Hill Gallery District of Georgetown. Eligible entries include hand-pulled prints, digital prints, and photographs. The grand-prize winner receives a solo show in 2017. Other prizes will be awarded.
Call for Entries Deadline: May 21, 2016. Click here to learn more and to submit your images on-line.
Image above is “Morning Walk” by Larinda Meade, copyright 2015
Grand Prize, National Small Works Exhibit of 2015.
Current Exhibit: “Transition” with prints by Gabriel Jules and books from Maryland’s Eastern Shore
April 27 – May 28, 2016
Saturday, May 7, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Gabriel Jules exhibits her wonderful prints in a solo show. Click here to visit her Artist Page on this website.
Also on display are handmade books from artists on Maryland’s Eastern Shore featuring members of the Salisbury Book Guild and faculty of the Academy Art Museum. Click here to learn more about these printed book artists.
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- June 1-25, 2016 — Cynthia Back and Rosemary Cooley. Prints by Philadelphia artist Cynthia Back and art books by Eastern Shore artist Rosemary Cooley.
- June 29 – July 30, 2016 — Larinda Meade, “From Here to There.” Ms. Meade was the grand-prize winner of last year’s National Small Works competition.
- August 3-27, 2016 — National Small Works. On exhibit will be selections by the jurors of this year’s National Small Works competition. The grand-prize winner will have a solo exhibit in 2017. Click here to learn more about the National Small Works Exhibition.
- August 31 – September 24, 2016 — Jane Mann. Fine-art photographer Jane Mann says, “Photography has always been a magical medium – turning light into substance.”
- September 28 – October 29, 2016 — Mike Hagan. Printmaker Mike Hagan loves to incorporate pattern into his hand-pulled prints.
- November 2-26, 2016 — Werner Drewes. In honor of the 80th anniversary of The American Abstract Artists (1936, NYC), WPG will exhibit prints by Werner Drewes, a founding member of AAA with strong ties to Washington DC.
- November 30 – December 24, 2016 — Danny Schweers. One reviewer said, “Danny Schweers continues to mix wonderment with insight, and grace with humor, in a way that very few excellent photographers are consistently capable of doing.”
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.