1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: contact us and we will open the gallery!
The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, JUNE 8
National Small Works Competition: Click here to submit your entries.
“Those Who See Slowly”
May 31 thru July 1, 2018
Artist’s Reception, Sunday, June 3, 12:00-5:00 pm.
Slideshow Lecture, “Seeing Slow and Fast”
Sunday, June 10, 3:00 pm.
You are invited to see our fast-moving world more slowly, much slower than we usually see it, a world where the objectivity of the camera as a truth-telling machine is called into question but also oddly confirmed because it shows the world as it is, a place where things blur and where truth is often messy, enigmatic, and a revelation. Click here to learn more about Those Who See Slowly.
On The Member’s Wall, June 2018
Every month, the work on our Members’ Wall changes. THUMBNAILS WILL BE POSTED HERE SOON: Click on any thumbnail image to see it larger in a slide show. To return here, click on the “x” in the upper right of the slide show, or press the ESC key of your keyboard. To purchase a work, please contact us.
Georgetown Galleries Second Saturdays
June 9 and July 14, 4-6pm
Visit all six of the Georgetown Galleries on the Second Saturday of every month, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., for a special evening of art and refreshments. READ MORE…
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- July 5–29, 2018 — Curt Belshe, “21st Century Caprichos” with an Artist’s Reception, Saturday, July 7, 3:00–6:00 p.m. Kurt was the winner of the 2017 National Small Works competition.
- August 2–26, 2018 — 2018 National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – October 7, 2018 — Printmakers From Rome. This is a D.C. Arts Sister City exhibit. Four printmakers from D.C. traveled to Rome in April, 2018. This exhibit features the work they printed in Rome, as well as work by those Roman artists who taught them.
- October 11–28, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–25, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 30, 2018 — Clara Young Choi
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.