1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: contact us and we will open the gallery!
The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
Moving Pictures & Standing Books:
an exhibit of lenticular pictures and sculptural artist books
by Sally Canzoneri,
On Exhibit March 29-April 29, 2018
Artist Reception, Sunday, April 8, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Hands-On Book Art Workshop, Sunday, April 15, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Lenticular pictures combine two images so that viewers moving by see one picture from one side and a different one from the other side. In some pieces, Canzoneri combines historic photos with present day images to draw viewers into considering the relationship between events. In others, she combines two versions of the same image. These, Canzoneri says, “are more about using the device of lenticulars to get people to look beyond what is immediately apparent in my pictures – and in the world around them.” READ MORE…
On The Member’s Wall, April, 2018
Every month, the work on our Members’ Wall changes. Click on any thumbnail image to see it larger in a slide show. To return here, click on the “x” in the upper right of the slide show, or press the ESC key of your keyboard.
Georgetown Galleries Second Saturdays
April 14 and May 12, 4-6pm
Visit all six of the Georgetown Galleries on the Second Saturday of every month, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., for a special evening of art and refreshments. READ MORE…
Once again artists from the Washington Printmakers Gallery will have their work on display in the exhibit space at Dumbarton Oaks Concerts.
For more details about the concert series, visit the Concert Series page of the Dumbarton Oaks website.
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- April 27-29 — Georgetown French Market, Friday-Sunday. Georgetown’s Book Hill neighborhood will transform into an inviting open-air market as the over 40 locally-owned merchants, restaurants, salons and galleries display discounted items and unique finds.
- May 3 – 27, 2018 — Douglas Bosley
- May 31 – July 1, 2018 — Danny Schweers, “Those Who See Slowly” with an Artist’s Reception, Sunday, June 3, 12:00-5:00 pm. and a slideshow lecture, “Seeing Slow and Fast” the following Sunday, June 10, at 3:00 p.m.
- July 5–29, 2018 — Curt Belshe, “21st Century Caprichos” with an Artist’s Reception, Saturday, July 7, 3:00–6:00 p.m. Kurt was the winner of the 2017 National Small Works competition.
- August 2–26, 2018 — 2018 National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – October 7, 2018 — Printmakers From Rome. This is a D.C. Arts Sister City exhibit. Four printmakers from D.C. exhibit in Rome in April, 2018, followed by this exhibit in D.C. in September of their work and by master printmakers from Rome.
- October 11–28, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–25, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 30, 2018 — To Be Announced
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.