at the Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, DC. featuring hand-pulled prints, fine-art photographs, and artist books.
The exhibitors and exhibitions listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. Art works from all our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. Each member of our cooperative gallery also has their own page on this website.
February 3-27, 2016
A regional survey of print programs.
Selected work by students at four area schools.
Reception: Saturday, February 6, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
WPG is excited to present a survey of outstanding emerging artists from some of the region’s most prestigious printmaking departments. This exhibit features student work from three colleges and one high school: Anne Arundel Community College, Bowie State University, George Washington University Corcoran School, and the Duke Ellington School for the Arts. This is the first year a high school has been included.
Each school juried their students’ prints and selected the work shown. A variety of techniques are represented including relief, silkscreen, monotype, and intaglio. The works showcase a wealth of new talent, ideas and technical skills.
Please join us in celebrating this next generation of print artists.
Below is some of the work that will be on display. Click on any thumbnail image to see it larger in a slide show. To return here, click on the “x” in the upper right of the slide show, or press the ESC key of your keyboard.
Other Upcoming Exhibits
SOLO AND JOINT MEMBER SHOWS
Want to exhibit? Become a member!
- March 2-26 — TBA
- March 30 – April 23, 2016 — Alex Keto
- April 27 – May 28, 2016 — Gabriel Jules and Nina Muys. The title will be “Natural Connection” and will feature wildlife prints of the respective artists’ waterfront homes.
- June 1-25, 2016 — Rosemary Cooley and Cynthia Back
- June 29 – July 30 — Larinda Meade, winner of the 2015 National Small Works competition.
- August 3-27, 2016 — 19th Annual Washington Printmakers’ National Small Works Exhibition. Selected entries from the competition will be exhibited. Click here to learn more about the National Small Works Exhibition.
- August 31 – September 24 — Jane Mann
- September 28 – October 29 — Mike Hagan
- November 2-26 — Werner Drewes. In honor of the 80th anniversary of The American Abstract Artists (1936, NYC), WPG will exhibit prints by Werner Drewes, a founding member of AAA with strong ties to Washington DC.
- December, 2016 — Danny Schweers
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.