1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: contact us and we will open the gallery in off hours!
The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
INK GAME, HA!
Mike Hagan Screenprints (with one drawing)
October 11–28, 2018
Artist’s reception, Saturday, October 13, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Mike Hagan’s new prints continue a 10-year exploration of custom and ‘tween’ colors, tessellations, halftones, and the relationships among hand-pulled prints, drawing, painting, commercial printing, digital imagery, and photography. In the exhibit he treats these interests as a ‘game’ to motivate and provide boundaries in his printmaking. Main rules for the game: “Make visible what must be made visible to be understood; and have fun doing it.” Click here to learn more about Mike Hagan’s exhibit.
On The Member’s Wall, October 11-28, 2018
Every month, the work on our Members’ Wall changes. Here are some of the images on exhibit in September, 2018. Click on any thumbnail image to see it larger in a slide show. To return here, click on the “x” in the upper right of the slide show, or press the ESC key of your keyboard. To purchase a work, please contact us.
Georgetown Galleries Second Saturdays
October 13 and November 10, 4-6pm
Visit all six of the Georgetown Galleries on the Second Saturday of every month, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., for a special evening of art and refreshments. READ MORE…
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- November 1–25, 2018 — Looking Back, Moving Forward — screenprints, lithographs, and monoprints by Carolyn Pomponio. Celebrating the American quilt, contemplating a still life, dancing with mono-typical high energy – and a trove of exploration. Reception: Sunday, November 11, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
- November 29 – December 30, 2018 — The Sublime & The Beautiful – landscape photographs by Clara Young Choi. Reception on Saturday, December 8, 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- SPECIAL EVENT: Friday, December 7, Georgetown Galleries Winter Art Walk. Our gallery is one of several open till 7:00 p.m., all within easy walking distance of each other!
- January, 2019 — Cole Swavely
- February, 2019 – Bob Burgess
- March, 2019 — Cynthia Back
- April, 2019 — Julie Niskanen and Nina Muys
- May, 2019 — Rosemary Cooley
- June, 2019 — Helga Thomson and Norman Strike
- July, 2019 — Solo exhibit by Marco Hernandez, the first-place winner of the 2018 National Small Works competition
- August, 2019 — Juror’s selection from the 2019 National Small Works competition
- September, 2019 — Amy Guadagnoli
- October, 2019 — Ron Meick
- November, 2019 — Matina Marki Tillman
- December, 2019 — Sally Canzoneri
- April, 2020 — Danny Schweers
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.