Since 2004, the Washington Print Foundation has sponsored an exhibit of the best work of students at local educational institutions. In 2017, we featured work from eight art schools, colleges, and universities. We were not able to host this exhibit in 2018.
Our 2017 Exhibit
The Artists’ Reception was Saturday, February 4, 2017, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Each year the Washington Print Foundation sponsors an exhibition to introduce some of the best new printmakers from local area colleges, universities and art schools.
In 2017 we featured artists from the following schools:
- American University: Randall Lama, Kay McCarthy, and Chloe Winston.
- George Washington University/the Corcoran School of the Arts and Design: Zoe Cantor, Gabby Danahy, and Yacine Fall.
- Montgomery College: Sasha Arsenyuk, Marquita Halstead, Carolyln Dutky Romano, and Franklin Webber.
- Northern Virginia Community College (Loudoun Campus): Layla Saad, Guru Sangat Kaur Khalsa, and Jill Evans-Kavaldjian.
- Smithsonian Studio Arts: Layla Attia, John H N Choi, Ren S. Essene, and Yanina Seltzer.
- Towson University: Edelweiss Calcagno, Jaclyn Rust, and Jodi Hoover.
- University of the District of Columbia: Rashida Cotton, Yanci M. Flores, Christopher Huff, Katya Perez, Sanjay Persand, Marcus Pope, Isabela Romazini, and Joanny Tam.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Oscar Lars Knutsson.
Click on any thumbnail image below to see it larger in a slide show. To return here, click on the “x” in the upper right of the slide show, or press the ESC key of your keyboard.
If you have any questions about the Excellence in Printmaking Exhibition and Awards, or want a prospectus, please click here to contact us.